Elaine's Cheese Pie Royale Gets a Makeover
- Have all ingredients at room temperature, preheat oven to 375°F.
- For the crust, make graham crackers into crumbs by placing ia plastic bag and crushing with a rolling pin or in a food processor, stir in melted butter; press into a 9-inch spring form pan.
- Filling: In a mixing bowl, beat eggs thoroughly, gradually add sugar and Splenda, beating until well blended.
- Add cream cheese a little at a time, beating between each addition until smooth, add 1/2 teaspoon vanilla; pour filling into crust, sprinkle lightly with cinnamon; bake for 20 minutes, cool slightly.
- Topping: Increase oven temperature to 400°F, combine sour cream, 1 Tablespoons sugar and 1/2 teaspoon vanilla.
- Spread topping over baked filling and bake for 5 minutes.
- Cool to room temperature and place in refrigerator to cool completely.