Prep 20 mins
Cook 40 mins
This is the easiest tastiest breakfast pie!! I love how the crust forms while baking. You can obviously add any other veggies, like a can of mushrooms or chopped bell peppers. Ham or Sausage may be substituted for bacon. Mmm good.
- 12 slices bacon, fried until crispy and crumbly
- 1 cup shredded cheese (your choice)
- 1⁄3 cup chopped onion
- 2 cups milk (I use 2%)
- 1 cup Bisquick
- 4 eggs
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- Heat oven to 400 degrees.
- Sprinkle cooked bacon, cheese, onion and any other veggies on the bottom of a greased 10 inch pie plate.
- Mix remaining ingredients until smooth and pour over bacon mixture.
- Bake 35 to 40 minutes until a toothpick comes out clean.
Quick, simple and tasty! Not much more I can say about this recipe.
Fantastic breakfast pie! I had the family begging for more! I used turkey sausage and replaced the onion with onion salt because I'm the only onion lover in the house. I can't wait to try it with onions and mushrooms!! Thanks so much for posting! PAC '08