1/1 Photo of Elaichi Gosht - Lamb With Cardamom
1 hr 5 mins
A spicy Western Indian lamb dish, from "Indian Regional Cooking," by Sumana Ray. I haven't tried it - I don't usually eat lamb - but I'm posting it because it sounds like the sort of thing my cardamom-loving sister might like. This seems like a lot of oil, so use your judgment. No number of servings was given; I guessed. It says to serve with rice.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Grind the cardamom seeds and peppercorns finely.
- 2In a blender or food processor, puree the tomatoes and ginger.
- 3Heat the oil in a saucepan and fry the onions until golden.
- 4Add the lamb and the ground spices.
- 5Cook, stirring constantly, for 5 minutes.
- 6Add the tomato mixture, paprika, and salt, stir into the meat, and cook for another 2-3 miniutes.
- 7Add the water, bring to a boil, then cover and reduce the heat to very low.
- 8Garnish with the chopped cilantro and serve with rice.
Browse Our Top Lamb/Sheep Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Elaichi Gosht - Lamb With Cardamom
Serving Size: 1 (222 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 321.0
- Calories from Fat 226
- Total Fat 25.1 g
- Saturated Fat 6.7 g
- Cholesterol 60.0 mg
- Sodium 486.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 7.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.6 g
- Sugars 3.6 g
- Protein 17.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: