Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
Enjoy a cup of tea in true Indian-style with this fragrant cardamom tea, delicious at any time of day.
- 7 cups cold water
- 3 green cardamom pods
- 2 black cardamom pods
- 2 tea bags
- 4 tablespoons sugar
- milk, to mix
- Pour the water into a large saucepan.
- Lightly smash the green and black cardamoms in a pestle and mortar. Add to the water and bring to the boil.
- When boiling, add in the teabags and sugar.
- Add enough milk to turn the tea a pale beige colour.
- Bring to the boil again and just as it is rising to the top of the pan, switch off the heat. Strain and serve at once.