Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
I've been making this dressing for about 20 years now; it's especially good on tostada salads or just a simple green dinner salad. The recipe is from the El Torito Restaurant in Los Angeles and was published in the LA Times reader request column.
- 2 cups oil
- 1⁄3 cup sherry wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 dash Dijon mustard
- 1 jalapeno pepper, stems removed, seeded and pureed
- 1⁄4 cup lime juice
- Combine all the ingredients in a blender jar and process until all ingredients are fully incorporated, takes a few minutes.
- Pour into a storage jar and refrigerate until ready to use.
Very good for Taco salad.. I added a half teaspoon of the Southwest seasoning from Tupperware for added zip
I had this on a tossed salad tonight - romaine, lettuce, & scallions. I think I would have enjoyed it more on a taco salad. The jalapeno was the predominant flavor; it added a lot of spice but not a lot of depth of flavor, so after tasting it, I added a bit of garlic. It would have been great on a salad with black beans, sour cream, grated cheddar, avocado, salsa, etc.