Recipe by mollypaul
A neat dish perfect for Lent from El Torito Executive Chef Pepe Lopez. Pairs well with sautéed vegetables, white rice and refried black beans as sides.
Top Review by VKuuipo Bridges
MMMMM... I can't wait to share my review on this. For anyone that's never had Fish Tacos before and ya like fish...you'll love this stuff. I had my reservations at first the whole idea of a fish inside a taco seemed wierd. Now...the thought of never having the chance to eat one would be sad. Thanks for sharing this recipe.
- 24 ounces fresh fish, pieces
- salt and black pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 cloves chopped fresh garlic
- 1⁄2 cup el torito adobo al pastor sauce (you can use El Torito Adobo Al Pastor Sauce if you can't find Adobo al Pastor sauce at the grocery store)
- 1⁄2 cup queso fresco, grated
- 12 warm corn tortillas
- 1 tablespoon butter
Directions See How It's Made
- Season fish evenly with salt and pepper.
- Melt butter in a saute pan.
- Cook in butter until half done; break into chunks, add garlic and adobo sauce and cook until done.
- Melt 1 tablespoon butter in clean saute pan.
- Fill each tortilla with 2 ounces fish and 1/2 ounce queso fresco, fold in half and lightly brown in the melted butter.
- Serve with fresh guacamole, slices of queso fresco, and tartar sauce spiced with chipotle to taste and a lime wedge.