Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
A neat dish perfect for Lent from El Torito Executive Chef Pepe Lopez. Pairs well with sautéed vegetables, white rice and refried black beans as sides.
- 24 ounces fresh fish, pieces
- salt and black pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 cloves chopped fresh garlic
- 1⁄2 cup el torito adobo al pastor sauce (you can use El Torito Adobo Al Pastor Sauce if you can't find Adobo al Pastor sauce at the grocery store)
- 1⁄2 cup queso fresco, grated
- 12 warm corn tortillas
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Season fish evenly with salt and pepper.
- Melt butter in a saute pan.
- Cook in butter until half done; break into chunks, add garlic and adobo sauce and cook until done.
- Melt 1 tablespoon butter in clean saute pan.
- Fill each tortilla with 2 ounces fish and 1/2 ounce queso fresco, fold in half and lightly brown in the melted butter.
- Serve with fresh guacamole, slices of queso fresco, and tartar sauce spiced with chipotle to taste and a lime wedge.
MMMMM... I can't wait to share my review on this. For anyone that's never had Fish Tacos before and ya like fish...you'll love this stuff. I had my reservations at first the whole idea of a fish inside a taco seemed wierd. Now...the thought of never having the chance to eat one would be sad. Thanks for sharing this recipe.