Prep 5 mins
Cook 45 mins
Make and share this El Torito Sweet Corn Cake recipe from Food.com.
- 1 (7 1/2 ounce) packagesweet cornbread mix
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1 (15 ounce) can cream-style corn
- In bowl, combine corn cake mix with melted butter. Add water and can of cream style corn. Mix until ingredients are combined.
- Pour mixture into a 9x5 inch loaf pan.
- Bake, uncovered at 350 degrees for 40-45 minutes or until liquid has been absorbed.
- Use an ice cream scoop to serve sweet corn cake as a side dish or for dessert.
I used Jiffy corn mix, added 1/4 cup honey and it was great. For those who said it was too moist, this is corncake it is supposed to be moist. Otherwise it would be cornbread.
My daughter was dying for me to make this for her, and she was so disappointed. She expected it to taste exactally like El Torito and it was close but no cigar. Back to the drawing board!
My daughter is in Sweet Corn Cake Heaven! Hubby didn't really care for the texture, but my daughter thinks that just means more for her. lol She loves this stuff! My friend from California sent me the El Torito Mix a few times and she fell in love. Now I can make it for her more often!