After searching and searching, I found a recipe for their salsa. This is the one I find is the closest. I wanted to share it since I have not found a recipe for this on Recipezaar. I am open to all feedback to make it better or more like the original. I love chips and salsa so as long as its good I'll eat it :) For a more milder salsa, cut the jalapenos and serranos portions in half. To give credit where it is due: original recipe by : Norma Kelley, updated by me.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups tomatoes (finely diced)
- 1/4 cup yellow onion (finely chopped)
- 2 green onions (finely chopped)
- 1 tablespoon jalapeno, seeded and diced
- 2 serrano chilies
- 2 teaspoons fresh lime juice
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro
- 1/2 cup canned crushed tomatoes in puree
- 1Remove seeds and stems from jalapenos and serrano chilies.
- 2Combine all ingredients in a large bowl, except the last two.
- 3Put the last two in a blender/food processor and blend until chunky or to the consistency you prefer. If it is too thick add water a tablespoon at a time.
- 4Add blended mixture to fresh ingredients and mix well.
- 5Refrigerate until cold. The longer you refrigerate the better it will taste since the flavors will have time to marinate together.
Browse Our Top Onions Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Onions Recipes
Nutritional Facts for El Torito Salsa (Version Of)
Serving Size: 1 (116 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 25.7
- Calories from Fat 2
- Total Fat 0.2 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 152.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 5.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.6 g
- Sugars 3.2 g
- Protein 1.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
crushed tomatoes in puree