Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
After searching and searching, I found a recipe for their salsa. This is the one I find is the closest. I wanted to share it since I have not found a recipe for this on Recipezaar. I am open to all feedback to make it better or more like the original. I love chips and salsa so as long as its good I'll eat it :) For a more milder salsa, cut the jalapenos and serranos portions in half. To give credit where it is due: original recipe by : Norma Kelley, updated by me.
- 2 cups tomatoes (finely diced)
- 1⁄4 cup yellow onion (finely chopped)
- 2 green onions (finely chopped)
- 1 tablespoon jalapeno, seeded and diced
- 2 serrano chilies
- 2 teaspoons fresh lime juice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup fresh cilantro
- 1⁄2 cup canned crushed tomatoes in puree
- Remove seeds and stems from jalapenos and serrano chilies.
- Combine all ingredients in a large bowl, except the last two.
- Put the last two in a blender/food processor and blend until chunky or to the consistency you prefer. If it is too thick add water a tablespoon at a time.
- Add blended mixture to fresh ingredients and mix well.
- Refrigerate until cold. The longer you refrigerate the better it will taste since the flavors will have time to marinate together.