Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
After searching and searching, I found a recipe for their salsa. This is the one I find is the closest. I wanted to share it since I have not found a recipe for this on Recipezaar. I am open to all feedback to make it better or more like the original. I love chips and salsa so as long as its good I'll eat it :) For a more milder salsa, cut the jalapenos and serranos portions in half. To give credit where it is due: original recipe by : Norma Kelley, updated by me.
- 2 cups tomatoes (finely diced)
- 1⁄4 cup yellow onion (finely chopped)
- 2 green onions (finely chopped)
- 1 tablespoon jalapeno, seeded and diced
- 2 serrano chilies
- 2 teaspoons fresh lime juice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup fresh cilantro
- 1⁄2 cup canned crushed tomatoes in puree
- Remove seeds and stems from jalapenos and serrano chilies.
- Combine all ingredients in a large bowl, except the last two.
- Put the last two in a blender/food processor and blend until chunky or to the consistency you prefer. If it is too thick add water a tablespoon at a time.
- Add blended mixture to fresh ingredients and mix well.
- Refrigerate until cold. The longer you refrigerate the better it will taste since the flavors will have time to marinate together.
This recipe was almost spot on. But you have to add garlic. I added about 2 gloves. It was delicious when I first made it and when I let it marinade it was absolute perfection.