1/1 Photo of El Torito Cilantro and Pepita Salad Dressing
I love this dressing at El Torito. I could sit there and just eat it with a spoon. I found this copy-cat recipe and I wanted to post it so I can make it myself, and secretly eat it straight from the jar :-)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 medium anaheim chilies, roasted, peeled and seeded
- 1/3 cup roasted pepitas (pumpkin seeds)
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 12 ounces salad oil
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 5 tablespoons grated Cotija cheese (you can also use Parmesan cheese if you cannot find Cotija)
- 2 bunches fresh cilantro, stemmed
- 1 1/2 cups mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup water
- 1Place all dressing ingredients except cilantro, mayonnaise and water in a blender of food processor.
- 2Blend approximately 10 seconds, and then add cilantro little by little until blended smooth.
- 3Depending on size of blender, it may be necessary to do in batches.
- 4Place mayonnaise and water in a large stainless steel bowl, and mix with a wire whip until smooth.
- 5Add the blended ingredients to the mayonnaise mixture, and mix thoroughly.
- 6Place in an airtight container and refrigerate.
- 7Will keep for three days.
Browse Our Top Salad Dressings Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Salad Dressings Recipes
Nutritional Facts for El Torito Cilantro and Pepita Salad Dressing
Serving Size: 1 (88 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 605.6
- Calories from Fat 553
- Total Fat 61.4 g
- Saturated Fat 9.5 g
- Cholesterol 16.8 mg
- Sodium 668.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 13.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 3.7 g
- Protein 3.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: