I saw this Recipe on Willie's Wonky Chocolate Factory, and thought it might be a good glueten free choice. Haven't tried it but wanted to save it for later. Taken from Willie's Chocolate Factory Cookbook © Willie Harcourt-Cooze. Photography Copyright © Cristian Barnett
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat the oven to 160°C (fan). Line a 25cm cake tin with non-stick baking paper.
- 2Melt the cacao and butter by placing them in a large heatproof bowl set over a pan of simmering water.
- 3Meanwhile, beat the eggs with the sugar and the vanilla extract until pale yellow and fluffy.
- 4Pour the cacao mixture into the eggs and beat to combine.
- 5Stand the lined tin in a roasting tray and fill the tin with the mousse mixture.
- 6Pour enough boiling hot water into the roasting tray to come halfway up the side of the tin. Bake for 30 minutes or until set. Leave to cool in the tin.
- 7Willie's Tip: In Venezuela - or anywhere hot and full of living things - the mousse cake would have to be kept in the fridge. Then, to turn it out, we'd run the dish over a gas flame or heat the sides with a blowtorch.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for El Tesoro Mousse Cake Recipe
Serving Size: 1 (88 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 368.2
- Calories from Fat 256
- Total Fat 28.4 g
- Saturated Fat 17.0 g
- Cholesterol 199.3 mg
- Sodium 47.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 25.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 25.3 g
- Protein 4.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: