Recipe by Mazey
I saw this Recipe on Willie's Wonky Chocolate Factory, and thought it might be a good glueten free choice. Haven't tried it but wanted to save it for later. Taken from Willie's Chocolate Factory Cookbook © Willie Harcourt-Cooze. Photography Copyright © Cristian Barnett
- 180 g cacao, finely grated
- 250 g unsalted butter
- 5 eggs
- 200 g golden caster sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 160°C (fan). Line a 25cm cake tin with non-stick baking paper.
- Melt the cacao and butter by placing them in a large heatproof bowl set over a pan of simmering water.
- Meanwhile, beat the eggs with the sugar and the vanilla extract until pale yellow and fluffy.
- Pour the cacao mixture into the eggs and beat to combine.
- Stand the lined tin in a roasting tray and fill the tin with the mousse mixture.
- Pour enough boiling hot water into the roasting tray to come halfway up the side of the tin. Bake for 30 minutes or until set. Leave to cool in the tin.
- Willie's Tip: In Venezuela - or anywhere hot and full of living things - the mousse cake would have to be kept in the fridge. Then, to turn it out, we'd run the dish over a gas flame or heat the sides with a blowtorch.