Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 20 mins
Cook 8 hrs
A mildly spicy Tex-Mex recipe your whole family will enjoy
Make and share this El Rancho Chicken Crock Pot recipe from Food.com.
- 3 cups cubed chicken, cooked
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can condensed cream of chicken soup
- 1 (10 ounce) candiced tomatoes and green chilies
- 1 green sweet pepper, chopped
- 1 medium chopped onion
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 8 ounces shredded cheese
- 12 corn tortillas (6- or 7- inch)
- Place chicken in your slow cooker cover with remaining ingredients except cheese and tortillas.
- Cover and cook on low for 6 to 8 hours.
- Serve with tortillas and cheese.
This is very tasty with just enough spice that most will tolerate with no problem. However, I wanted it a bit more spicy, so I topped it with some fresh cilantro and some diced tomato. On the second helping, I cut up the tortilla into pieces and served it in a bowl, more like a stew. Josh topped his with sour cream. We were both very satisfied with this recipe and will definitely make again. It has lots of potential for "playing" around with the ingredients.
Wonderful! My dh loved this and so did I. He was hoping it would be too spicy for me so he could take it all with him to work. Thanks!
This was pretty tasty! I used a 15 oz. can of tomatoes and a 7 oz. can of green chiles, otherwise followed exactly.