24 hrs 15 mins
Source: El Pollo Restaurant, NY - I used to go there all the time when I lived on the upper east side. It was on 1st ave. and 90th street and it had the BEST Peruvian rotisserie chicken and terrific fried plaintain. Mmmm. I miss this! Note: It's not the El Pollo Loco chain recipe.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 1/2 tablespoons garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin, plus
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 4 tablespoons white vinegar
- 2 1/2 tablespoons paprika
- 2 teaspoons fresh ground black pepper
- 3 tablespoons white wine
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 (3 -4 lb) roasting chickens
- 1 lemon, juice of, and mixed with the water
- 1 quart water, cold
- 1In medium-size bowl, mix first eight ingredients.
- 2Wash chickens thoroughly with lemon water and remove excess fat from inside chickens.
- 3With a large carving fork, poke deep holes all over chicken, including under wings. Rub the marinade thoroughly inside and outside the chicken. Seal chicken in a large plastic bag and marinate for at least 2 hours (but preferably up to 24 hours) in refrigerator.
- 4Remove chicken from bag and dilute marinade left behind in bag with a Tablespoon of water. (Place marinade in a small saucepan, bring to a boil and simmer 2-3 minutes. Set aside.).
- 5Place chicken on a rotisserie spit, and roast at medium heat for 45 to 55 minutes. If broiling, cut chicken in half lengthwise and broil for 30 to 40 minutes, basting with marinade every 10 minutes.
Browse Our Top Whole Chicken Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Whole Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for El Pollo Restaurant Peruvian Roasted Chicken
Serving Size: 1 (519 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 624.6
- Calories from Fat 417
- Total Fat 46.4 g
- Saturated Fat 10.8 g
- Cholesterol 160.4 mg
- Sodium 604.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 9.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.5 g
- Sugars 1.1 g
- Protein 39.8 g