Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
This is a very simple dinner that I make close to once a week. There can be many variations, so feel free to add on to my simple recipe. I use a large pan for all ingredients.
- 2 (7 3/4 ounce) cans Mexican tomato sauce (I use El Pato sauce in the yellow can)
- 1 lb ground beef or 1 lb tofu
- 1 (16 ounce) packageof your favorite frozen mixed vegetables
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato sauce (optional to make the sauce less spicy)
- Brown the ground beef, or make the tofu as directed on package.
- Drain grease.
- Add the frozen veggies and the cans of El Pato.
- Heat on med to high heat until the veggies are cooked. The sauce may be thin, and you can heat or let stand as long as you want.
- Garnish with sour cream and/or cheese.
- Serve with flour tortillas or tortilla chips.
I was looking for something quick and easy and here it was. I used the fresh veggies I had on hand. Though I am sure that the frozen would be good too. I always have el pato on hand and it was delicious wrapped up in a tortilla.