Recipe by Dawn
A wonderful tasty dish for just about any occasion. You can adjust the heat by using mild Italian sausage or mild Chorizo. I frequently take this to work or pot lucks and I never have any leftovers.
Top Review by MELISSA K.
This is a wonderful recipe that my husband and I love. I found this originally in a "Fifty Favorite Casseroles" book published by Current. I've had the book for 15 years and just tried the recipe this week for the first time. We could have been enjoying it all this time! Do try - it's delicious!
- 1 lb hot Italian sausages or 1 lb chorizo sausage
- 8 ounces small shell pasta (Cooked and drained)
- 1 (8 ounce) package colby-monterey jack cheese (shredded)
- 1 cup sour cream (may use reduced fat Sour Cream)
- 1 (4 ounce) canminced green chili peppers (, drained)
- 1 (4 ounce) jar pimientos (drained)
- 1⁄2 cup cheddar cheese (shredded)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Crumble sausage or Chorizo in a large frying pan.
- Brown over medium heat, drain off fat.
- In a large bowl combine sausage, pasta, Monterey Jack- Colby cheese, sour cream, green chiles, and pimientos.
- Spoon into a shallow 2 1/2 quart casserole dish.
- Cover and bake 30 minutes.
- Sprinkle with Cheddar cheese and paprika.
- Bake uncovered for 10-15 additional minutes.
- You are done-enjoy!