A wonderful tasty dish for just about any occasion. You can adjust the heat by using mild Italian sausage or mild Chorizo. I frequently take this to work or pot lucks and I never have any leftovers.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb hot Italian sausages or 1 lb chorizo sausage
- 8 ounces small shell pasta (Cooked and drained)
- 1 (8 ounce) package colby-monterey jack cheese (shredded)
- 1 cup sour cream (may use reduced fat Sour Cream)
- 1 (4 ounce) can minced green chili peppers (, drained)
- 1 (4 ounce) jar pimientos (drained)
- 1/2 cup cheddar cheese (shredded)
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2Crumble sausage or Chorizo in a large frying pan.
- 3Brown over medium heat, drain off fat.
- 4In a large bowl combine sausage, pasta, Monterey Jack- Colby cheese, sour cream, green chiles, and pimientos.
- 5Spoon into a shallow 2 1/2 quart casserole dish.
- 6Cover and bake 30 minutes.
- 7Sprinkle with Cheddar cheese and paprika.
- 8Bake uncovered for 10-15 additional minutes.
- 9You are done-enjoy!
Browse Our Top Pork Recipes
Nutritional Facts for El Paso Pasta Bake
Serving Size: 1 (236 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 674.6
- Calories from Fat 421
- Total Fat 46.8 g
- Saturated Fat 22.8 g
- Cholesterol 117.6 mg
- Sodium 837.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 33.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.8 g
- Sugars 2.4 g
- Protein 29.0 g