Prep 8 mins
Cook 15 mins
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground round
- 1 (4 1/2 ounce) canmild, chopped green chilies
- 1⁄3 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 3 ounces monterey jack cheese, sliced thin
- 6 hamburger buns, toasted
- Mix ground chuck with chilies, onion, garlic, salt and pepper, and blend well, but gently.
- Form into 6 patties and grill, uncovered, about 4 inches from medium coals or other heat source until cooked to the degree desired.
- Turn once half way through cooking time.
- (To yield a juicy burger, do not mash burgers with spatula and check temperature with thermometer or T-stick.) One minute before burgers are done, add cheese and continue to cook until cheese is melted.
- Serve with grilled corn on the cob and a freshly tossed salad.