Prep 15 mins
Cook 35 mins
Very enjoyable comfort food! From one of my church cookbooks.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 tablespoon minced onion
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 2 (8 ounce) cans tomato sauce
- 1 cup chopped black olives
- 1 cup small curd cottage cheese
- 1 cup sour cream
- 3 -4 green chilies, chopped (canned)
- 1 (6 1/2 ounce) package tortilla chips
- 2 cups grated monterey jack cheese
- Fry beef until crumbly.
- Drain off fat.
- Add onions, garlic salt, tomato sauce and olives to beef.
- Combine sour cream and cottage cheese with green chilies.
- Crush tortilla chips slightly.
- Reserve a few whole ones for the top.
- Place half of the chips in bottom of well-greased 2 and 1/2 quart casserole.
- Add half the meat mixture;.
- cover with half sour cream mixture.
- Sprinkle with half the grated cheese.
- Repeat layers.
- Bake uncovered in 350 oven 30-35 minutes until bubbly hot.
- Garnish with reserved tortilla chips.
This was an easy and nice meal to bake int he oven. I used doritos salsa verde chips and it came out kinda like a taco tamale mix. Thank you recipe junkie for posting this recipe. Shirley