Recipe by Margie99
I got this recipe from the local news program. It sounds really good and I think it could even be OAMC. I think it would be a great way to use all those crushed tortilla chips that I try to save but always end up throwing away.
Top Review by sewcrazy5200
Anything that my fussy 17 year-old asks for about once every two weeks RATES at least four stars. I did, however, not use as much tomato sauce, only about one cup, and of course a lot less water - I do not like soggy. The casserole was just fine. We used two cups of sour cream - low fat because of my diet issues. I used a greater quantity of ground beef - at least one pound. It was all JUST GOOD. Thanks, Yolanda
- 1⁄2 lb ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 (8 ounce) cans tomato sauce
- 1 cup water
- 1⁄4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 (9 ounce) package tortilla chips, coarsely crushed
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup shredded monterey jack cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Spray a 1 1/2 quart casserole dish with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a large skillet, brown the ground beef and onion over medium high heat until no longer pink, about 5 minutes. Add the tomato sauce, water, chili and garlic powders, mix well. Reduce the heat to medium low and simmer for 2-3 minutes, or until thickened.
- Spread one third of the beef mixture in the casserole dish and then top with 1/3 of the crushed tortilla chips, 1/3 of the sour cream and 1/3 of the cheese. Repeat 2 more times, ending with a cheese layer.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until bubbly and the top is golden brown.