Recipe by Cynna
For the heat-seeking thrill eaters! Great casserole for the spice hounds in your family. You can use a mild salsa and seed the peppers to cut the heat, if you're not brave enough.
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup basmati rice, uncooked
- 1 cup onion, diced
- 3 jalapeno peppers, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 lb chorizo sausage, sliced
- 1 (12 ounce) jar salsa (HOT!)
- 1 (8 ounce) container sour cream
- 8 ounces monterey jack pepper cheese, shredded
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Bring broth to boil in a medium saucepan.
- Stir in the rice, reduce heat, cover, and simmer for approximately 20 minutes.
- In a large skillet over medium heat chorizo until no longer pink.
- Add onion, garlic, and jalapenos and cook until soft.
- In a medium mixing bowl add cooked rice, cooked chorizo and vegetables, salsa, cayenne pepper, turmeric and sour cream.
- Mix well, place in casserole dish, and top with pepper-jack cheese.
- Bake approximately 20 minutes or until cheese is bubbly.
- Garnish with jalapeno slices.
- Serve and enjoy.