Recipe by mollypaul
From a copycat site.
Top Review by Mrs. Meshell
I added hot sauce and jalepenos, extra green chilis and an extra T of vinegar. Then let it set in the fridge to 2 days added more salt and it was perfect. The best thing about home made salsa is that you can make it to your liking and know wehre the ingredients came from. Thanks for this base, it really is so close to El Chicos.
- 2 cups tomatoes (either fresh or canned)
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh cilantro, chopped
- 2 tablespoons green chilies, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon vinegar