Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 min
Make sure your ice cream balls are frozen hard (at least 5 hours) and fry for only 2 seconds. Prep time doesn't include 5 hours freezing.
- At least 5 hours in advance: Combine crumbs, sugar, and cinnamon in a shallow pan.
- Let ice cream soften slightly for 5 minutes.
- Make 6 balls of ice cream; roll in crumb mixture until well-coated, pressing coating into ice cream.
- Wrap in aluminum foil and freeze for 5 hours.
- Heat oil to 450°F.
- Unwrap each ball and fry in hot oil VERY BRIEFLY, about 2 seconds.
- Place in dessert dish; decorate with toppings, whipped cream, and a cherry.
- Serve immediately.
OUTSTANDING AND EASY!! Thanks Helen
This is such a good recipe! It was easy to make and so very tasty, too. I used to love having fried ice cream in a Mexican restaurant when I was little, but they closed down. One thing they used to drizzle over their fried ice cream is honey, so we used that instead of chocolate sauce. It was very delicious and brought me some good memories while making memories for my kids.