Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
The DH and i love mexican food, but due to budget we don't get to go out to eat for it much so i've been trying to make my own versions at home. These turned out really good, we even eat then when money isn't tight now!! I got all the ingredients at aldi's which is why i call them el cheapo;) I make these in my grill pan but you can use a regular frying pan with good results, also switch up the meat and cheese for different flavors.. hope you like them.
- 1 flour tortilla (8-inch)
- 1⁄3 cup shredded Mexican blend cheese
- 1 -2 slice deli turkey (i use the cheap stuff)
- 1 teaspoon chopped jalapeno (the ones in the jar)
- 1 -2 tablespoon salsa (for dipping)
- Spray a grill pan with nonstick spray.
- Cube up the deli meat.
- Place tortilla into grill pan and sprinkle cheese over half the tortilla, then add cubed meat and the jalapeno's (if using).
- Fold tortilla in half to cover the cheese so you have a half moon.
- Grill on both sides till browned, crispy and heated thru.
- Serve with salsa.
Made this for DD's lunch and she loved it. I added a few bacon bits to one and she liked that too. Simple and quick, just what we need on the lunch hour. Made for Spring PAC 2014, thanks!
This was very easy to do. Quick lunch that was very yummy. I almost prefered it without salsa. I used mexican tortilla, cheddar cheese. Thanks Onegoofydevil :) Made for PAC Spring 2010 http://www.recipezaar.com/bb/viewtopic.zsp?t=327498&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0