Prep 20 mins
Cook 3 mins
A late, dear friend's take on a local Southwestern eatery's cheese dip. Addictive!
Make and share this El Az Cheese Dip recipe from Food.com.
- 1 cup grated monterey jack cheese
- 1 1⁄2 cups small curd cottage cheese
- 1 1⁄2 cups sour cream
- 1 cup chopped scallion
- 2 tablespoons crushed onion soup mix
- 1 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 large garlic clove, minced
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- In a medium bowl, mix Monterey Jack cheese, cottage cheese, sour cream, scallions, onion soup mix, hot pepper sauce and worcestershire sauce.
- In a small skillet saute onion and garlic in margarine over medium heat, 3 - 5 min (until transparent). Stir into cheese mixture and chill at least 2 - 4 hours before serving. Serve with tortilla chips.