Recipe by Brian Holley
This is an Indian version of scrambled eggs. The recipe is from the west coastal area of India and is Parsee in origine. You could serve this as a breakfast dish or as a side dish with a meat curry.
- 8 eggs, beaten
- 4 ounces butter
- 1 small onion, sliced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 green chili, sliced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 tomatoes, cut into wedges
- 1 tablespoon coriander leaves
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt the butter in a large pan and fry the onion till golden.
- Add the ginger and chilli and cook for 3 minutes.
- Add the salt, pepper and turmeric, stir and cook 2 minutes.
- Add the beaten eggs and stir till the eggs are scrambled.
- garnish with the tomato slices and coriander leaves.