Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
A seafood recipe from that South Pacific paradise, the Cook Islands. Cooking times are guesses.
Make and share this Eke Takare I Roto Ite Akari (Curried Octopus in Coconut Sauce) recipe from Food.com.
- Clean the octopus removing the ink sac from the head.
- Place the whole octopus in a pot over medium heat.
- The water from the octopus will provide the cooking liquid.
- Wash hands after handling the octopus as some people will get a skin rash.
- Simmer until tender.
- Get rid of the cooking water.
- Cut the tentacles into bite sized pieces.
- Heat the coconut cream in a saucepan with the seasonings and onion.
- Add the octopus pieces and reheat.
- Serve with cooked root vegetables or rice.