1/1 Photo of EJ's Pasta Primavera With Sausage (Lighter Version, No Cream)
1 hr 5 mins
I was sitting my 9 yr. old nephew and took him with me to the produce store. He was so excited to see all the fresh produce (he's just like me) and wanted to create a pasta dish. This is what we came up with, and it was sooooo good.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb rigatoni pasta
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded, cored and thinly sliced
- 1 small onion, thinly sliced
- 3 carrots, peeled and sliced 1 inch on a diagonal
- 1 bunch asparagus, washed, stems removed and sliced in thirds on a diagonal
- 10 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 (14 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 chicken bouillon cube
- parmesan cheese (to garnish)
- salt and pepper
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 (16 ounce) package of sweet Italian pork sausage or 1 (16 ounce) package chicken sausage, cut 1 inch on a diagonal
- 1/2 cup reserved pasta water
- 1Heat a large pot of salted water to boil for pasta. Cook according to package al denter reserving 1/2 cup of pasta water.
- 2In the meantime, heat a large deep skillet over medium heat. Add 1 tbs. olive oil and onion and pepper. Saute for 2 minutes, transfer to plate.
- 3In same skillet add another tbs olive oil and carrots cook for 5 minutes, add aspargus cook for another 3 minutes. Transfer to plate with onions and peppers.
- 4In same skillet add sausage, cook stirring occasionally until brown. Add garlic and cook for 2 minutes stirring occasionally. Add chicken bouillon cube, diced tomatoes and butter. Cover and cook for 1/2 hour.
- 5Add veggies and pasta and reserved pasta water to sausage and tomato. Mix well to combine. Top with grated parmesan cheese.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for EJ's Pasta Primavera With Sausage (Lighter Version, No Cream)
Serving Size: 1 (589 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1008.6
- Calories from Fat 459
- Total Fat 51.1 g
- Saturated Fat 17.0 g
- Cholesterol 189.7 mg
- Sodium 1150.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 101.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 9.7 g
- Sugars 10.7 g
- Protein 37.6 g