Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Recipe courtesy Emeril Lagasse
Make and share this Ej's Favorite Fish Pouches recipe from Food.com.
- 4 6-ounce skinless fish fillets, such as snapper, black bass, or bronzino
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- emeril's italian essence or other dried Italian seasoning
- 1⁄2 yellow onion, thinly sliced
- 2 medium vine-ripened tomatoes, thinly sliced
- 1 lemon, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup and 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- halved and pitted kalamata olive (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Season the fish fillets on both sides lightly with salt and pepper.
- On a work surface, lay out 6 (15-inch) square pieces of aluminum foil. Divide the onion and tomato slices evenly among the centers of the foil squares and season lightly with salt, pepper, and Italian Essence. Place 1 fish fillet over the top of each mound of vegetables and sprinkle the tops of the fillets with the Italian Essence. Divide the lemon slices among the fillets. Drizzle each fillet with 1 1/2 tablespoons of the olive oil, and sprinkle with kalamata olives, if desired. Fold foil pouches up carefully, sealing tightly on all edges, and place pouches on a large baking sheet. Bake the pouches until fillets are just cooked through and the vegetables are tender, about 20 minutes. Remove from the oven and serve immediately. Be careful to avoid the hot steam when opening the pouches.