Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
Calling all cheese fanatics! Do you love cheese? I think I may have the sandwich for you. My local Einstein Brothers used to have this on their menu - if I recall correctly, it was around the year 2001. Back then, this sandwich cost about $6 or so, so I figured out how to make these for myself at home. This glorious sandwich has since been pulled from the menu, probably because the fat content is enough to induce an instant heart attack! Ha ha, just kidding of course. Anyway, I love this sandwich (in moderation) and it's very easy to make using a sandwich maker,grill or skillet. Bon appetit!
- 2 slice tomatoes
- 1 slice swiss cheese
- 1 slice cheddar cheese
- 1 slice provolone cheese
- 1 slice monterey jack pepper cheese
- 29.58 ml chive & onion cream cheese
- butter or margarine
- 2 slice of thick sourdough bread (or bread of your choice)
- Lightly butter each slice of bread and place, butter side down on a plate.
- Spread 1 tablespoon of chive and onion cream cheese on each slice.
- Top one piece of bread with slice of tomato. Layer with Swiss, cheddar, provolone and pepper jack cheese.
- Top with second slice of tomato. Place second slice of bread on top so that buttered side faces out.
- Place in lightly oiled skillet and grill on medium heat until lightly browned.
- Turn over, and lightly brown the other side.
- Cut in half and enjoy with a dill pickle!
- These can also be made with a sandwich/panini maker or placed under the broiler until cheese is melted.
OMG!! This was awesome! Cheese heaven. I made exactly as written and even served with the pickles too!! Thanks so much for posting! Made for My 3 Chefs '08