I have a gluten sensitivity. I have been looking into low gluten breads that are delicious and everyone loves. I found einkorn and spelt flours & when combined make a perfect loaf of bread. On their own, they have a different texture, but this bread recipe is AMAZING! Also, if you love a creamy soup and thick gravy my HOT TIP, use einkorn flour or white spelt as a thickener
- 591.47 ml lukewarm water
- 2 (14.17 g) package yeast
- 14.79 ml honey
- 2.46 ml salt
- 36.97 ml vinegar (weird, but you won't taste it-for textue)
- 14.79 ml olive oil
- 29.58 ml vegetable oil
- 177.44 ml roasted sesame seeds (I found them in the chinese section at grocery store)
- 709.77 ml einkorn flour
- 236.59 ml regular spelt flour
- 709.77 ml white spelt flour
- Mix yeast, water, honey. let sit five minutes add rest of ingredients mix until nice dough forms. Pour into greased 10X5 loaf pan (that's what size I had but you could do two smaller loaves) Just fill 2/3 full whatever pans. Cover loosely with damp towel and let rise 1 hour 20 minutes. Then, bake 375 for 30-35 minutes-maybe less if smaller pans.
- Many blessings & enjoy a low gluten super high protein bread. This is a pretty forgiving bread--use sugar or agave nectar instead of honey. Use a combo of flax and sesame seeds etc! I use regular yeast, not rapid rise. ENJOY my gluten sensitive people!