Recipe by Tiomarrano
I got this recipe from a lady in Clear Lake California, whose church I attended. She would fix this recipe for potlucks to feed a lot of people. So if the recipe is too big, cut it in half.
- 2 -3 heads iceberg lettuce, rinsed and broken into small pieces
- 2 (16 ounce) packages frozen green peas
- 7 hard-boiled eggs, diced
- 3 lbs bacon, fried crumbled
- 1 1⁄2 bunches scallions, chopped fine
- 2 (32 ounce) jars mayonnaise
- 2 (1 ounce) packets dry ranch dressing mix
- 5 cups of shredded cheddar cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Set aside frozen peas. Keep frozen.
- Cut bacon into small strips and fry golden crisp, drain on paper towel.
- Break up rinsed lettuce into smaller bite size pieces. Set aside in the refrigerator until ready to use.
- Chop green onions fairly fine.Set aside.
- Shred five cups of cheese. Set aside.
- Boil eggs, peel and chop fine. Set aside.
- Take each jar of mayonnaise and mix one packet of Ranch Dressing mix into each and stir until well mixed inches.
- LAYERING OF SALAD IS AS FOLLOWS.
- In a deep, long glass casserole baking dish layer the ingredients: Spread broken lettuce over bottom of dish, then scallions, then peas, then bacon, then eggs. Spread these ingredients evenly to form each layer. Note: don't use cheese yet, that's for a later step.
- Top with mayonnaise mixture which seals the top of the salad.
- Sprinkle evenly the cheddar cheese over the top of mayonnaise layer.
- Refrigerate several hours before serving as the frozen peas crisp the lettuce and the eggs blend nicely into the mayonnaise dressing layer.