Prep 8 mins
Cook 25 mins
This is an easy, fast, family pleasing meal. The ingredients are already there in your kitchen.
- 40 frozen mini meatballs
- 6 ounces grape jam or 6 ounces grape jelly
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 (12 ounce) bottle chili sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 dash Worcestershire sauce
- Defrost meatballs in microwave. Drain fat.
- Combine rest of ingredients in microwave casserole (about 2½ qt) and microwave on medium-high for 3 - 5 minutes, stirring occasionally until well blended.
- Add meatballs; cook on low setting for 25 minutes stirring occasionally.
- Serve over rice, noodles or mashed potatoes.
Very yummy! I added some Tabasco to it as well for extra kick.
This is a staple in our home for any buffet. The only change I make is I add equal parts of jam and chili sauce, otherwise I did it exactly the same- yummy. When I do have time I will make my own meatballs, they are better but store bought is okay, especially if you are short on time. I microwaved the sauce and then poured it over the meatballs, then baked them in the oven at a low 230 degrees for 2 hours and there were none left. Thanks so much Eileen for posting this fabulous recipe.
Yummm. I did this in the crockpot as hors' Douevres for our friday night neighbor get-together and it was a hit. The sauce on these babies was to die for! Sweet and very tangy. I cooked them on low for about 2 1/2 hours stirring occasionally, and they were perfectly hot and sauced. The only way these could be better would be to make your own mini meatballs from scratch, fry them up, cool and flash freeze them, then load them into a freezer bag and after frozen proceed with the recipe. There. I beleive I've made my point! Great recipe, Puppies, very convenient and enjoyed on toothpicks by all! Sorry my picture came out a bit blurry.