The color is beautiful. It's a delicious way to increase the vegetable intake for your family.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (12 ounce) package wide egg noodles
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 3 chicken breast halves, cut in bite-sized pieces
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 2 large carrots, cut in matchstick
- 1/2 cup frozen peas
- 1 (4 ounce) can sliced mushrooms, drained (optional)
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can condensed golden mushroom soup
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 1 1/4 cups 1% low-fat milk
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 dash pepper
- 1Heat oil in large skillet. Sauté chicken for 3 - 4 minutes at medium-high heat.
- 2Add garlic, onion, red pepper and carrots; sauté until chicken is no longer pink. Stir in both soups, peas, mushrooms and milk. Turn heat down; cover and simmer for 10 minutes.
- 3Meanwhile cook noodles (remove from the water 2 minutes early); drain and toss with butter; set aside.
- 4Add wine, onion powder, salt and pepper to the chicken and simmer uncovered for 5 minutes. Mix in noodles and heat through. Mixture should be moist and creamy.
- 5* If you find that the casserole is a bit dry, add equal amounts of milk and water until moist. Start with ½ cup (¼ cup milk & ¼ cup water) mixture adding more if needed.
- 6* The recipe can be made a day ahead and refrigerated EXCEPT for the noodles which can be quickly cooked and added to the chicken/soup mixture.
- 7* When doubling the recipe, INSTEAD of one of the cans of Cream of Chicken soup use one can of Creamy Chicken Mushroom soup in it’s place.
- 8* If using fresh mushrooms slice (or quarter) them and add when onion is sautéing.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Eileen's Golden Chicken Noodle Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (346 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 681.3
- Calories from Fat 198
- Total Fat 22.0 g
- Saturated Fat 6.8 g
- Cholesterol 126.3 mg
- Sodium 1415.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 86.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.3 g
- Sugars 12.5 g
- Protein 31.6 g