Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
The color is beautiful. It's a delicious way to increase the vegetable intake for your family.
Make and share this Eileen's Golden Chicken Noodle Casserole recipe from Food.com.
- 1 (12 ounce) package wide egg noodles
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 3 chicken breast halves, cut in bite-sized pieces
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 2 large carrots, cut in matchstick
- 1⁄2 cup frozen peas
- 1 (4 ounce) can sliced mushrooms, drained (optional)
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can condensed golden mushroom soup
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 1 1⁄4 cups 1% low-fat milk
- 1⁄4 cup white wine
- 1⁄2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 dash pepper
- Heat oil in large skillet. Sauté chicken for 3 - 4 minutes at medium-high heat.
- Add garlic, onion, red pepper and carrots; sauté until chicken is no longer pink. Stir in both soups, peas, mushrooms and milk. Turn heat down; cover and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile cook noodles (remove from the water 2 minutes early); drain and toss with butter; set aside.
- Add wine, onion powder, salt and pepper to the chicken and simmer uncovered for 5 minutes. Mix in noodles and heat through. Mixture should be moist and creamy.
- * If you find that the casserole is a bit dry, add equal amounts of milk and water until moist. Start with ½ cup (¼ cup milk & ¼ cup water) mixture adding more if needed.
- * The recipe can be made a day ahead and refrigerated EXCEPT for the noodles which can be quickly cooked and added to the chicken/soup mixture.
- * When doubling the recipe, INSTEAD of one of the cans of Cream of Chicken soup use one can of Creamy Chicken Mushroom soup in it’s place.
- * If using fresh mushrooms slice (or quarter) them and add when onion is sautéing.