Recipe by Puppies777
This is a Master recipe perfected over the years. You choose the ingredients you like to make it your way. You can leave out the meat and substitute veggies (grated or chopped) like carrot, zucchini, tomato, broccoli, etc. for a vegetarian meal. It goes great with a salad. Also makes a tasty party nibble or appetizer cut in smaller portions. This quiche can be served hot or cold and can be frozen after baking. I often make more than one and wrap up individual portions for reheating (microwave or oven) later.
Top Review by Bayhill
Yummy!! This is a great basic quiche recipe for adding your own favorite ingredients. I used Jarlsberg cheese, red onion, hash browns, both red & green bell pepper, ham, and chopped, fresh spinach. I served this topped with sour cream. My family devoured this and proclaimed it a winner. Thank you for sharing this wonderful recipe...it is definitely a winner! *Made for 2009 Spring PAC*
- 1 unbaked pie shell, deep dish (can use frozen)
- 4 eggs
- 1 1⁄4 cups half-and-half cream
- 1⁄2 cup cheese, shredded (Swiss, mozzarella, jack, cheddar)
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup frozen hash brown potatoes
- 1⁄2 cup green peppers or 1⁄2 cup red pepper, diced
- 3⁄4 cup ham, chopped (or sausage, bacon, pepperoni)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 dash paprika
Directions See How It's Made
- Layer cheese, meat and vegetables of your choice in pie shell.
- In a medium bowl combine eggs, half & half, salt and pepper. Beat until lightly foamy with hand mixer.
- Pour mixture into pie shell. Sprinkle with paprika.
- Bake in a 425° oven for 20 minutes.
- Decrease temperature to 350° for 40 minutes or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean.