1/1 Photo of Eileen's Custom Quiche
1 hr 10 mins
This is a Master recipe perfected over the years. You choose the ingredients you like to make it your way. You can leave out the meat and substitute veggies (grated or chopped) like carrot, zucchini, tomato, broccoli, etc. for a vegetarian meal. It goes great with a salad. Also makes a tasty party nibble or appetizer cut in smaller portions. This quiche can be served hot or cold and can be frozen after baking. I often make more than one and wrap up individual portions for reheating (microwave or oven) later.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 unbaked pie shell, deep dish (can use frozen)
- 4 eggs
- 1 1/4 cups half-and-half cream
- 1/2 cup cheese, shredded (Swiss, mozzarella, jack, cheddar)
- 1/2 cup onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup frozen hash brown potatoes
- 1/2 cup green peppers or 1/2 cup red pepper, diced
- 3/4 cup ham, chopped (or sausage, bacon, pepperoni)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 dash paprika
- 1Layer cheese, meat and vegetables of your choice in pie shell.
- 2In a medium bowl combine eggs, half & half, salt and pepper. Beat until lightly foamy with hand mixer.
- 3Pour mixture into pie shell. Sprinkle with paprika.
- 4Bake in a 425° oven for 20 minutes.
- 5Decrease temperature to 350° for 40 minutes or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean.
Browse Our Top Savory Pies Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Savory Pies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Eileen's Custom Quiche
Serving Size: 1 (186 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 518.7
- Calories from Fat 304
- Total Fat 33.7 g
- Saturated Fat 13.4 g
- Cholesterol 262.1 mg
- Sodium 1166.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 32.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.6 g
- Sugars 1.8 g
- Protein 20.8 g