Recipe by Puppies777
So you think you don't like cranberry sauce? Try this! It's fresh tasting with a kick. It's a great condiment for your holiday meal and it's fabulous on toast. Bring a jar of this next time you're invited to someone's house for dinner. You'll be a regular on the guest list!
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 cups water
- 2 (12 ounce) packages fresh cranberries
- 2 tablespoons triple sec (orange liqueur)
- 1 tablespoon cranberry liqueur (Bogg's or Crantasia)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon orange peel, grated
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 pinch cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon butter (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix sugar and water in a large saucepan; stir to dissolve sugar. Bring to a boil; add cranberries.
- Return to boil; add Triple Sec, Bogg's, orange peel, orange juice and cinnamon. Stir.
- Reduce heat; boil gently 10 minutes stirring occasionally. If sauce is too foamy add butter a little at a time and stir until clear.
- Remove from heat. Cool completely at room temperature and refrigerate (or can in water bath for 10 minutes). Makes 6 cups. Can be doubled.