Recipe by Nova Scotia Cook
When I was employed in the banking profession, at Christmas while decorating the offices, staff members would bring in an item for potluck. This recipe was one that I particularly liked as it was a warm dip (as opposed to chilled dips)and really tickled the tastebuds served on crackers.
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
- 6 tablespoons grated onions
- 1⁄2 teaspoon mustard
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons chili sauce
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- 1 (5 ounce) can crabmeat
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- 1⁄2 cup dry breadcrumbs
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a heavy saucepan mix first 6 ingredients.
- Heat over medium heat until cream cheese is softened.
- Fold in crabmeat.
- Pour into baking dish.
- Melt the 2 tablespoons of butter and mix in 1/2 cup of dry bread crumbs.
- Sprinkle over dip.
- Cook at 350 degrees until mixture begins to bubble.
- Serve warm.