My DD calls this Yum Yum soup! My friend, Jane, served this for dinner last night. The recipe came from her friend, Eileen, from New Oreans. This is one of the easiest and best crab bisques I have ever had. And I have tried many. This soup also has great potential as a base for other seafoods. The next time I find some firm white fish like monkfish I think I'll do this soup and create a cioppino with shrimp, scallops, and a garlic ailoi added at the end. I can't wait! Use clawmeat because it is firmer and you do not need to spend all that much for these great results. Also, you could add sherry.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Make the roux with the butter and flour.
- 2Stir constantly until it is a golden bronze.
- 3Then add all ingredients except the crabmeat.
- 4Stir and simmer for 15-30 minutes.
- 5Add crabmeat, continue to simmer and taste for salt and pepper.
- 6Adjust seasonings to your liking.
Browse Our Top Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Eileen's Crab Bisque
Serving Size: 1 (472 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 459.6
- Calories from Fat 247
- Total Fat 27.5 g
- Saturated Fat 15.7 g
- Cholesterol 102.3 mg
- Sodium 1746.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 28.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.1 g
- Sugars 7.4 g
- Protein 24.4 g