Chef Gina Calina's Note:
This recipe is from Eileen Goudge's book, "Something Warm From the Oven". Use the Buttercream frosting recipe with it.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease & flour two 8-or 9-inch round cake pans, and line the bottoms with parchment.
- 2Cream the butter in large bowl with electric mixer on medium speed. Gradually add the sugar, 1/4 cup at a time, beating until pale & fluffy. Blend in vanilla. Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- 3In another bowl,sift the flour with the baking powder,soda & salt.
- 4In a another small bowl, combine mashed bananas & buttermilk.
- 5To the creamed mixture add in the following order, beating on low speed after each addition just until blended: A third of the flour mixture,half the banana mixture,half the remaining flour mixture,the remaining banana mixture,then the remaining flour mixture.
- 6Spoon batter into pans. Bake 25-30 minutes, until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Let cool 5 to 10 minutes before inverting onto wire racks. Cool before frosting.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Eileen's Birthday Banana Cake With Buttercream Frosting
Serving Size: 1 (110 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 424.1
- Calories from Fat 119
- Total Fat 13.2 g
- Saturated Fat 7.8 g
- Cholesterol 83.6 mg
- Sodium 314.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 71.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.7 g
- Sugars 41.7 g
- Protein 5.9 g