Recipe by S.A.Mills
Eileen’s Nana’s Plum Cake (using prune plums when in season) What are Prune Plums? A Light quick and easy Dessert Cake made with prune plums
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 tablespoon almond extract
- 12 prunes
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
Directions See How It's Made
- Cream butter & sugar in a medium bowl; add eggs then flour, baking powder and salt mix well.
- Add almond extract and mix the batter well. (I used a Kitchen Aid Mixer with paddle but a hand held mixer should work just fine).
- Heat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Spread batter into an UN-greased 8” x 8” glass or metal pan.
- Cut plums in half following the seams then remove the pits.
- Stand the plums up in the batter in three even rows.
- Most of the plum will be out of the batter but during cooking the cake will rise and engulf the plum until only the top shows.
- Mix together an additional 1/4 cup Sugar with 1/2 tsp Cinnamon.
- Sprinkle the mixture over the batter and plums.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
- Cool and eat.