Recipe by Chef TraceyMae
This is a delicious pound cake that will feed a crowd. It's best made in a Wilton Large Loaf pan. The almond extract can be substituted with other flavors, such as strawberry.
Top Review by Kim127
I thought this was a great pound cake! I also use two smaller loaf pans as Pattikay did. Baked for about 1 hour 15 mintues. My BIL grapped one of the loaves and ran and we've been really enjoying this with coffee. Thanks so much!
- 1 1⁄2 cups butter, room temperature
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 3 cups sugar
- 3 cups flour, sifted
- 1 pinch salt
- 6 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1⁄4 teaspoon mace
Directions See How It's Made
- Place oven rack on bottom setting.
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- Spray ONLY THE BOTTOM OF THE pan (large loaf pan by Wilton or 12 cup Bundt).
- Mix butter and cream cheese.
- Add sugar.
- Add eggs one at a time, incorporating well.
- (You can add food coloring at this point, if you want).
- Add flour and salt.
- Mix well and add flavorings.
- Bake for 1.5 hours.