Recipe by hope2day
My sister in laws mom is from Japan. This is a recipe that she has passed on to us. We really love it!!
Top Review by Lavender Lynn
Always a winner!!! Shoyu chicken is a universal good choice for dinner. I only used 2 T oil to fry the chicken. I substituted 1/4 C of wine for half of the water. Made for Spring PAC 2012.
- 1 1⁄4 lbs chicken
- 1⁄4 cup peanut oil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ginger
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 tablespoon sherry wine
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup soy sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix sherry, water, brown sugar and soy sauce.
- Heat oil in dutch oven, fry chicken until brown.
- Sprinkle ginger and garlic on top of chicken.
- Add remaining ingredients.
- Cover and cook slowly for 1 hour or until done.
- *You could also cook it in the oven @ 325 for 1 hour.
- *If you like you can add Tofu or chopped cabbage when adding the ingredients to pot to simmer.