In 'Martin Yan Quick & Easy' by Martin Yan
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons oolong tea leaves
- 1 cup diced cooked meat (such as smoked ham or roasted duck)
- 1/4 cup pine nuts
- 1 cup shredded napa cabbage
- 1/2 cup chopped cauliflower floret
- 1/2 cup diced chinese long beans or 1/2 cup green beans
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 5 cups cold cooked long-grain rice
- 1/2 cup whole kernel corn (canned or thawed frozen)
- 1/4 cup golden raisin
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 3 tablespoons vegetable broth
- 2 tablespoons oyster sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon white pepper
- 1Place a stir-fry pan over med-high heat until hot.
- 2Add the oil, swirling to coat the sides.
- 3Add the garlic and tea leaves and cook, stirring, until fragrant, about 20 seconds.
- 4Add the meat, pine nuts, napa cabbage, cauliflower, and beans and cook, stirring, until the vegetables are tender-crisp, about 2 1/2 minutes.
- 5Add the egg and cook, lightly stirring, until the egg begins to set, about 1 minute.
- 6Add the rice, separating the grains with the back of a spoon.
- 7Add the corn, raisins, cranberries, broth, oyster sauce, salt, and pepper and mix well.
- 8Cook, stirring, until the rice is heated through, 2-3 minutes.
- 9Transfer to a serving plate and serve.
Browse Our Top Long-Grain Rice Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Eight Precious Fried Rice
Serving Size: 1 (316 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 457.1
- Calories from Fat 132
- Total Fat 14.7 g
- Saturated Fat 1.9 g
- Cholesterol 46.5 mg
- Sodium 630.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 72.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.7 g
- Sugars 7.0 g
- Protein 9.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
oolong tea leaves