Prep 45 mins
Cook 7 mins
In 'Martin Yan Quick & Easy' by Martin Yan
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons oolong tea leaves
- 1 cup diced cooked meat (such as smoked ham or roasted duck)
- 1⁄4 cup pine nuts
- 1 cup shredded napa cabbage
- 1⁄2 cup chopped cauliflower floret
- 1⁄2 cup diced chinese long beans or 1⁄2 cup green beans
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 5 cups cold cooked long-grain rice
- 1⁄2 cup whole kernel corn (canned or thawed frozen)
- 1⁄4 cup golden raisin
- 1⁄4 cup dried cranberries
- 3 tablespoons vegetable broth
- 2 tablespoons oyster sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon white pepper
- Place a stir-fry pan over med-high heat until hot.
- Add the oil, swirling to coat the sides.
- Add the garlic and tea leaves and cook, stirring, until fragrant, about 20 seconds.
- Add the meat, pine nuts, napa cabbage, cauliflower, and beans and cook, stirring, until the vegetables are tender-crisp, about 2 1/2 minutes.
- Add the egg and cook, lightly stirring, until the egg begins to set, about 1 minute.
- Add the rice, separating the grains with the back of a spoon.
- Add the corn, raisins, cranberries, broth, oyster sauce, salt, and pepper and mix well.
- Cook, stirring, until the rice is heated through, 2-3 minutes.
- Transfer to a serving plate and serve.