Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
- 1 (8 ounce) can refried beans
- 1⁄4 cup picante sauce or 1⁄4 cup taco sauce
- 1 cup lettuce, shredded
- 1 (8 ounce) container sour cream
- 1 (6 ounce) containerfrozen guacamole, , thawed
- 1 cup shredded monterey jack cheese or 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1⁄4 cup green onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons black olives, sliced or chopped
- 2 medium tomatoes, chopped
- tortilla chips
- Stir together beans and picante or taco sauce.
- Spread bean mixture about 1/4 inch thick, on a 12 inch platter, leaving a 2 inch open rim at edge of platter.
- Then layer sour cream, guacamole, cheese, onion, olives and lettuce.
- Cover and chill up to 24 hours.
- Before serving, arrange tomatoes on top.
- Arrange the chips on a platter around spread.
I made this exactly, for the Super Bowl, except left out the black olives. I couldn't find an 8-oz can of refried beans, so I used half of a 16-oz can. I spread it into a pie plate. It's very good, and I spooned the leftovers into tortillas with chicken the next day for a quick lunch. I've made versions of this before, and some call for taco seasoning mixed into the beans or sour cream -- I think this needs a little extra "spice." Thank you :)