Recipe by Kimberly Gunn
Great spread for any social occassion. Comes from the Better Homes and Gardens Cookbook.
- 1 (8 1/4 ounce) can refried beans
- 1⁄4 cup picante sauce or 1⁄4 cup taco sauce
- 1 cup shredded lettuce
- 1 (8 ounce) carton sour cream
- 1 (6 ounce) container frozen avocado dip, thawed
- 1 cup shredded monterey jack cheese (4 ounces) or 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese (4 ounces)
- 1⁄4 cup sliced green onion
- 2 tablespoons sliced or chopped, pitted ripe olives
- 2 medium tomatoes, chopped
- tortilla chips or cracker
Directions See How It's Made
- Stir together beans and picante or taco sauce.
- Arrange lettuce on a 12-inch platter, leaving a 2-inch open rim at edge of platter.
- Spread bean mixture over lettuce, making a layer about 1/4 inch thick.
- Then, layer sour cream and avocado dip.
- Top with cheese, onion, and olives.
- Cover and chill up to 24 hours.
- Before serving, arrange tomatoes on top.
- Arrange the chips on a platter around spread.