Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
I found this in a new cookbook and thought it looked really good. Thought I would share it with you!
- 10 ounces fresh spinach, washed,dried and torn into pieces
- 1⁄2 lb bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 6 hard-boiled eggs, diced
- 1 head romaine lettuce or 1 head iceberg lettuce, washed,dried and torn into pieces
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen baby peas, thawed and drained
- 1 cup sliced sweet onion
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- salt and pepper
- 2 cups mayonnaise
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup coarsely grated swiss cheese
- In large glass salad bowl, arrange spinach seasoned with salt, pepper and 1 teaspoon sugar.
- Press down.
- Add layers of bacon, eggs, and lettuce.
- Press down.
- Season again with salt, pepper and 1 teaspoon sugar.
- Add layers of peas and onion.
- Combine mayonnaise and sour cream and completely cover salad.
- Top with cheese.
- Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Toss just before serving.
Delicious! I made just as stated. Very tasty. Made for Gimme 5 tag.
Loved this salad!!! I used regular iceberg lettuce, as the spinach was at $5 a bag. My family doesn't care for peas, so I subbed sliced celery for them and followed as written. Thanks for sharing Kim, made for 123 tag.
We also loved this salad. It was a bit too wet for me, so next time i will not use quite so much dressing but what a great flavor! The only thing I did differently was to add some fresh thyme to the dressing and used Havarti instead of Swiss. Thanks for posting!