1/2 Photos of Eight Layer Salad
I found this in a new cookbook and thought it looked really good. Thought I would share it with you!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 10 ounces fresh spinach, washed,dried and torn into pieces
- 1/2 lb bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 6 hard-boiled eggs, diced
- 1 head romaine lettuce or 1 head iceberg lettuce, washed,dried and torn into pieces
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen baby peas, thawed and drained
- 1 cup sliced sweet onion
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- salt and pepper
- 2 cups mayonnaise
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup coarsely grated swiss cheese
- 1In large glass salad bowl, arrange spinach seasoned with salt, pepper and 1 teaspoon sugar.
- 2Press down.
- 3Add layers of bacon, eggs, and lettuce.
- 4Press down.
- 5Season again with salt, pepper and 1 teaspoon sugar.
- 6Add layers of peas and onion.
- 7Combine mayonnaise and sour cream and completely cover salad.
- 8Top with cheese.
- 9Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- 10Toss just before serving.
Browse Our Top North American Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Eight Layer Salad
Serving Size: 1 (227 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 476.4
- Calories from Fat 336
- Total Fat 37.3 g
- Saturated Fat 11.6 g
- Cholesterol 174.9 mg
- Sodium 625.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 23.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.7 g
- Sugars 7.6 g
- Protein 13.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: