Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
A catch all recipe when you are in a hurry
- 1⁄2 lb lean ground beef
- 2 tablespoons crumbled bacon (can purchase real bacon bites in a jar)
- 1 small chopped onion
- 15 ounces tomato sauce
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground pepper
- 2⁄3 cup long grain rice
- 8 3⁄4 ounces whole kernel corn, drained
- 1⁄2 cup chopped green bell pepper
- Crumble beef evenly over bottom of a 3/2 quart slow cooker.
- If using a Rival 6 quart slow cooker, double recipe.
- Sprinkle with bacon bits, then onion.
- In a medium bowl, combine tomato sauce, water, chili powder, salt and black pepper; pour half over beef and onion layers.
- Sprinkle rice evenly over top, then corn.
- Top with remaining tomato sauce mixture, then bell pepper.
- Cover and cok on LOW about 5 hours or until rice is tender.