3 hrs 30 mins
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/4 lb dried kidney beans
- 1/4 lb dried white bean
- 1/4 lb dried pink beans
- 1/4 lb dried black beans
- 1/4 lb dried red beans
- 1/4 lb dried pinto bean
- 1/4 lb cranberry beans
- 1/4 lb dried navy beans
- 1 lb bacon
- 5 large onions, peeled and chopped
- 2/3 cup minced garlic
- 1/4 cup toasted coriander seed
- 1/4 cup ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup paprika
- 1/4 cup cayenne pepper (or to taste for the timid of tongue)
- 1/2 cup ground dried poblano pepper
- 108 ounces Italian plum tomatoes, with juice
- 12 ounces beer
- 5 lbs lean ground beef
- 1In a large pot, soak the beans together overnight in water to cover.
- 2Drain and add fresh water to cover.
- 3Cook at a simmer for 1 1/2 hours or until beans are just tender.
- 4While the beans are simmering, heat a large skillet.
- 5Mince the bacon and cook it until it begins to crisp.
- 6Add the onions and garlic and cook over medium heat for 5 minutes.
- 7Add all the spices and the ground poblanos and cook another 5 minutes.
- 8Add the tomatoes with their juice and the beer.
- 9Simmer for half an hour.
- 10In another pan, cook the beef until the pink color disappears.
- 11Drain and add it to tomatoe mixture.
- 12When the beans are fully cooked, drain them, reserving the liquid, and add the beans to the meat/tomato mixture.
- 13Salt to taste and let the mixture simmer for about 1 hour.
- 14If it is too dry, add some of the bean liquid.
Browse Our Top Apple Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Eight Bean Chili
Serving Size: 1 (319 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 25
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 395.3
- Calories from Fat 165
- Total Fat 18.3 g
- Saturated Fat 6.6 g
- Cholesterol 71.3 mg
- Sodium 223.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 29.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.4 g
- Sugars 5.3 g
- Protein 28.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: