Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
Translated from the classic "Wij bakkern zelf" by Mrs. R. Lotgering-Hillebrand.
- 4 large eggs
- 280 g sugar
- 300 g flour
- vanilla sugar or spice essence
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- icing sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 F/180°C.
- Beat the eggs with the sugar until the crystals have dissolved.
- This may require the addition of a little warm water.
- Add vanilla.
- Add sifted flour and baking powder.
- The dough should be the right consistency for piping.
- If it is too stiff add a little warm water but this should not be runny.
- Pipe small round shapes on a cookie sheet lined wih baking paper, dust with icing sugar and bake for 15-20 minutes.