Prep 0 mins
Cook 0 mins
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 cup sour cream (You can use part yogurt if so desired.)
- 1 medium lemon, Juiced
- 9 large eggs, Hard Cooked
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sugar
- 1 1⁄2 cups fresh herbs, Chopped (Any kind of fresh herbs such as dill, chives, parsley or tarragon)
- Blend mayonnaise, sour cream and lemon juice.
- Finely chop 1 hard-cooked egg and stir into mayonnaise mixture.
- Season with salt, pepper, and sugar.
- Thoroughly rinse herbs, pat dry, and chop.
- Blend with the sauce.
- Slice rest of the hard-cooked eggs in half and arrange in the sauce and serve.
I made this recipe for the Bargain Basement game. This recipe appealed to me, and I wanted to give it a second chance after the previous bad review. It vaguely reminded me of some other German food made by my German mother and grandparents when I was young. So I went ahead and gave this recipe a try. I do have to say that the sour cream gives this a very rich taste. I wasn't too sure how to eat this at first, so I tried putting it on bread and eating it like egg salad. That was way too rich and overpowering. I went ahead and Googled the name of the recipe to try to figure out how to eat it. It looks like this is usually served in Germany over potatoes or asparagus. Now I can remember why this recipe seemed familiar! It is similar to things that we would eat over baked potatoes. I am going to try it tomorrow and update this review to reflect my experience! Thanks for the chance to try out the German recipe!
This thing was not good at all, i would highly unrecommend it, it had a foul smell and the taste was unbearable!