Prep 45 mins
Cook 1 hr
ZWT6 - NA*ME
Make and share this Egyptian Yellow Chicken With Almonds recipe from Food.com.
- Rinse chicken and pat dry. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Heat 3/4 of the oil in a pan and lightly saute the garlic and almonds. Add saffron, stir into the hot oil and garlic.
- Add chicken and brown on both sides. Sprinkle in the parsley and pour in the water or stock.
- Cover the pan tightly and simmer for 1 hour until the chicken is tender.
- Turn the chicken 2 or 3 times during cooking, season to taste and add more water or stock if the dish dries.
- Serve covered with eggs and almonds.
This was very tasty & easy to make. I did cook it in my pressure cooker to cut down on the cook time. I also added some sliced onion & ground ginger. Made for Newest Zaar Tag