- 8 piece chicken
- fresh ground black pepper
- 4 garlic cloves, pressed
- 4.92 ml saffron
- 118.29 ml olive oil
- 14.79 ml parsley, finely chopped
- 295.73 ml boiling water or 295.73 ml chicken stock
- 118.29 ml whole almond, blanched
- 5 hard-boiled eggs, shelled and quartered
Directions See How It's Made
- Rinse chicken and pat dry. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Heat 3/4 of the oil in a pan and lightly saute the garlic and almonds. Add saffron, stir into the hot oil and garlic.
- Add chicken and brown on both sides. Sprinkle in the parsley and pour in the water or stock.
- Cover the pan tightly and simmer for 1 hour until the chicken is tender.
- Turn the chicken 2 or 3 times during cooking, season to taste and add more water or stock if the dish dries.
- Serve covered with eggs and almonds.